Here, within attention of your own Tamar estuary wandering out toward Plymouth Sound and the water, he encircled themselves to your gifts he had won to the their voyages
166. Corbett, Spanish Battle , pp. 199-206. This new Queen’s express of your value of the brand new carrack, which she applied to the benefit of the brand new royal cash, was almost ?45,100 (Scott, III, p. 503).
168. 79-86, ninety-five, 135. See Petruccio Ubaldino’s narrative inside the Grams. P. B. Naish, «Records showing the annals of Language Armada.»
173. Particularly., Drake in order to Walsingham, 10 and you may 23 August 1588, in: Laughton, Defeat of Language Armada , II, pp. 97-100, 146-9.
176. Sir Richard Hawkins within his Observations (during the C. R. , New Hawkins Voyages , pp. 318-9) authoritatively suggestions one another Spanish and English modern-day points of view on the question. Cf. Barbour, «Privateers and you will pirates of one’s West Indies.»
177. Corbett, Drake therefore the Tudor navy , We, pp. 207-209; II, p. 328; ibid. , Successors of Drake , pp. 100-102; Tenison, X, pp. 83-85, 91-ninety five, 97-98.
181. 318-358. Once more brand new Venetian ambassadors lay its fingertips with the troubles. It realized during the what point the latest strategy is destined: «It’s considered that Lisbon, by consequence all the A holiday in greece, due its salvation towards the months squandered from the test to your Corunna . . .» (in: CSP, Venetian , VIII, p. 453). Leer más